Singapore is a lovely country in South East Asia. It is located just south of Malaysia, with a total population of close to 5 millions. It is popularly known as a shopping and food heaven, and a safe country. Tourists have no problem hanging out at night because the security is very tight in Singapore.
If you are a food lover, you will definitely love Singapore. This is because Singapore is a multi-culture country, with many different religions existing hormonally together. In Singapore, you will find many different types of food from all religions. In this article, let me share with you 7 food and drinks that you must try when you visit Singapore:
1. Laksa. Laksa is originally a Malaysia dish. But as Singapore has its own roots in the Peranakan community, you will see food stores selling Laksa here. This dish consists of rice noodles cooked in spicy coconut gravy, with bean curd, prawn and chicken meat.
2. Chicken Rice. Chicken rice is the most popular dish in Singapore. In Singapore, you can easily find stalls selling this delicious dish. You can choose a serving of steamed, bbq or roasted chicken with rice cooked in garlic and chicken stock.
3. Chili Crab. When you visit Singapore, you must dine at Jumbo Seafood. They offer crabs that are cooked with spicy chili and egg gravy. If you are a seafood lover, this is something that you cannot afford to miss.
4. Singapore Sling. Singapore Sling is a cocktail that is originally invented for the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel. The recipe of Singapore Sling contains gin, cherry brandy and Benedictine. You can drink Singapore Slings at most of the bars in Singapore and on flights of Singapore Airlines.
5. Indian Rojak. Rojak means a mix of several ingredients. In Singapore, you can find Rojak prepared by Chinese and Indians. A dish of Rojak consists of bean curds, vegetables, fried dough and seafood.
6. Satay. Satay is simply Singapore version of meat on skewers. You can get different kinds of meat: chicken, beef and lamb. In Singapore, Satays are served with peanut sauce which makes it extremely delicious.
7. Ice Kacang. Ice Kacang is a dessert that is well-love by many Singaporeans. A bowl of Ice Kacang consists of a base of jelly, corn, red beans, attap seeds and ice is grated on top of them. After which, it is topped with various colored sugar syrup and condensed milk.
Visit DoWindowShopping for a list of Singapore shopping centres [http://www.dowindowshopping.com/featured-malls.do].
Feel free to publish this article on your website, or send it to your friends, as long as you keep the resource box and the content of the article intact.